We make every effort to ensure that each patient’s visit is as efficient and stress free as possible. To help us meet these goals, we ask your cooperation with some of our practice policies, which were implemented for your safety and convenience.
For emergencies, please call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency department. We prefer that you call our office during normal business hours. However, if you have an urgent issue that needs to be addressed by a physician after office hours, please call our office number (860)358-2220 and follow the prompts to be connected to our answering service.
NOTE: Physicians do not call in prescription refills after office hours.
Office visits are by appointment only. If you need to cancel or change a scheduled appointment, we would appreciate 24 hours notice. If you have been given an appointment by one of our physicians after office hours, please call the office the next morning and let us know. Our physicians are available for urgent care during regular office hours. If you need to have blood drawn, please arrive 15-20 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
Billing and Insurance
Please familiarize yourself with your insurance plan requirements. If your insurance requires a referral from your primary care physician, please obtain one before your visit, or call our office to make sure we have received one. If you have any changes in your name, address, telephone number or insurance, it is very important that you update this information when you arrive for your appointment. This ensures accurate and timely filing of your claim. All copays are due at the time of your visit.
Connecticut Oncology Group Prescription Refill Policy
- No prescriptions will be refilled on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays.
- Require 2 days minimum to process all prescription(s) renewal and/or pickup requests.
- The patient is responsible for knowing when medication(s) will need to be refilled (no early refills).
- Prescription phone-in/pick-up: Monday-Friday during business hours ONLY (9 am – 4:30 pm).
- Prescriptions will not be filled for unauthorized "walk-in" patients. Must phone into prescription line.
- Non-controlled/non-narcotic prescriptions require a follow up appointment every 3-6 months, or as ordered by provider.
- Controlled-substances/narcotic prescriptions require a follow up appointment every 30-90 days.
- New symptoms and/or events require an appointment.
- Provider unable to diagnose via phone. No early refills if medications are overused/abused/misused.
- Must follow prescription directions. No medication/prescription will be replaced if lost, stolen, misplaced, overused, etc (treat like money!!).
- Medications are for the prescribed individual’s use only. It is illegal to "share" your medicine.
- Patient must pick-up his/her prescription(s) in person, unless pre-authorized by staff.
We strive to offer the best services and care for each patient in a timely manner. The above "rules" are essential and necessary to efficiently manage a busy practice. Thank you in advance or your cooperation and understanding.